20 Feb Energy Efficient Retail Display Lighting With LED Lamps
If you operate a retail store, then you must be aware of just how important lighting is. Seeing that natural light is never enough to highlight your display, most people turn to the more beneficial LED lighting. It doesn’t matter whether you sell jewellery, watches, mobile phones, or any other products that have to be displayed; LED lighting comes in handy in helping buyers see the real allure of your products. Lighting can make or break your display; customers are likely to purchase your items if the display is colourful and lighting good enough. However, retail lighting may become costly with time especially if you are not using energy saving mechanisms. LED lighting is so close to natural lighting from the sun and this makes it a popular option. But if you are going to have the lights on from morning to evening, 5 days a week, then you better be prepared to incur huge power bills. In order to tackle this challenge, embracing the use of energy efficient lighting comes in handy.
- When buying LED lights, make sure that you pick brands that have a proven record of energy efficiency. Usually, LED lamps are by default known to consume less power because their light emitting diodes are known to consume less. You’d rather spend more buying energy efficient LED lamps, than buy cheap lamps that will burn out in a matter of weeks.
- Another energy efficient thing to do would be to invest in good light sensors. The sensors are automatic and detect when a customer walks in a room; they automatically turn on the lights at the display. When no movement or human presence is detected, the lights to back to ‘dull’ mode. Ultimately, you’ll notice that you’re saving quite some money from the automatic sensors; they reduce your power consumption.
- Light timers are also a good alternative especially in a busy outlet like a Restaurant where there’s consistent human traffic. The timers enable you to put the display lighting in automatic mode. The lights can automatically go on or off, depending on your working hours, shifts, etc; you just need to automate them.
- If correctly used, windows can also play a huge role in reducing your power bills at the end of the month. Natural sunlight can take the place of expensive LED lamps during the day time, so that you mostly switch them on in the evening once the sun has set. However, direct slight can harm the products you’re displaying and a quick solution would be to use UV protection or films where applicable.
- Mirrors are also a smart way of reflecting and illuminating light within your retail shop. The size and placement of the mirrors is the most important thing. If you are ensure, get a professional lighting designer to advice you accordingly. You’ll realize that at the end of the month, you’ve made use of the available lighting without incurring huge bills.
Make a habit of conducting regular checks and inspections on your LED lighting to ensure that everything is functional. By so doing, you’re able to know the lifespan of your lamps, or when there’s a power interruption that’s leading to dull lighting. London has many lighting professionals who’ll sell you the best energy efficient LED lamps, and also help in installing and managing them. These regular inspections will help you stay a step ahead of any eventuality that may come up. LED lamps are also sensitive to dust, moisture, and dirt; only a professional lighting expert can advice you on how to clean and take care of them.